Period 5 and their M-AZING Blog!!
Many objectives were accomplished in Smith's Period 5 class, we...
talked about the blog the last night: (hitting these key points)
- "This is an issue of honor" Smith said.
- "Life has left her footprints on my forehead" this reminded Smith of O’Brien talking about a boot stamping on a human face
- Jeanne, from the book, is so American that she does not really realize she is Japanese
reviewed chapters 1-3: (hitting these key points)
- How long will they last with their honor?
- How long can you keep a positive attitude when you are being forced?
- Jeanne is the baby and it very different for her than her older siblings
- Pg.6 the dad was burning his things shows he really cares about America, but it hurts him on the inside to get rid of his Japanese cultural
- The whites did not try to find out what they wanted or needed, there was no thought
- That is a lot like today we do not know our enemies cultural that well
- They gave up liberty for security, they were getting beaten, robbed, and arrested for no reason at all, so they gave up liberty to be more secure
Also, we voted on where our semester projects should go:
Option A- 275 in Reading Comp.
Option B- 200 in Reading Comp. and 75 in Critical thinking OR
Option C- 100 in Reading Comp., 100 in Critical Thinking and 75 in Lit. Projects
Option B was the final decision.
- Read Chapters 4 and 5
- Work on your semester project with your group
Period 5 will always be better than Period 2.