Friday, April 27, 2007

Titanium Plant Pots: A Day With the Prince of Wales

'Ello chaps! While I recognize that it is terribly hard to talk in a British accent online, I shall attempt it until I get bored or distracted. Just pretend you're listening to J.K. Rowling reading you a book. Or one of those people who narrates audio books because for some reason they're always British...

This unbloody day at camp smith started out as abnormal as usual, with us poor blokes waiting miserably for our beloved mistress to arrive with the (port)keys. (Ha get it! A portkey! Why are they all standing around that manky old boot... ya... nevermind) As always, us childerkins enjoyed our moments standing around, blocking traffic, talking, listening to iPods, some awkward things you don't want to know about, and all the other activities that occupy our time from about 12:09 P.M. until 12:14. Yes, it's true, I can count.

Suddenly, an excited buzz came over the crowd. We looked into the near distance and lo and behold, (gasp) Ms. Smith strolled over to the door with the (port)keys and unlocked the door. As I'm sure you all know, entering the door to room C11 is like entering a painting in which dazzling scenes of nature, harmony, and everything else associated with me can be seen. Oh, and Hannah was there too.

We then proceeded to fold up our laziness and put our minds in the upright position because God only knew we were in for some major turbulence! From the threshold of C11 we were all too excited to retrieve our laptops and thus hurried to the loading docks to wait our turns. After all was said and done, we sat down at the tables and waited patienly for the news from the Smithian front, hoping for a glorious victory. Alas, we were thus rewarded. From Smith's very own lips came the words that lit up everyone's sweet little hearts. Today would be a work day for the semester project! In fact, it would be the last one, I believe, until after Farewell to Manzanar. Everyone was all set to get started when to our great surprise...

Emily with an "L" dropped a bomb on us, so to speak. Actually disregard that last comment. What she really said is that there is a meeting for the directing group of the documentary next Wednesday in the library! Be there, be square! Also regarding the documentary, filming shall start very soon because the writing is almost done. That, my friends, is how you deliver news about a documentary. Incidentally, Smith informed us that she is quite ready to receive end-of-the-year gifts. If you don't know what to get, I think a Starbucks gift card would do just fine... I would also like you to know that I am accepting gifts too if you're feeling extra generous.

The day started. Everyone had finally gotten "Doubleplusgood" out of their heads. To everyone's dismay, though, Kenna and Ayla started belting it out, and it once again became imbedded in our tiny little brains. I guess it didn't help that I was playing it on my computer either... but I'm sure they're over it now anyway. More information on these zany songs can be found here.

As I stated before, today was nothing other than a work day! Hooray! The day was littered with shrieks of joy and fits of giggling from the ladies in the back. Those near the front, however, enjoyed a stunning entourage of Smith's own playlist! At one point, if I dare mention it, Riley just so happened to be dancing by his desk when "SMACK!" He hit his funny bone hard on the desk. While he was doubled over in shrieks of pain, I'm quite sure that everyone else was doubled over in shrieks of laughter! It was funny, if I do say so myself. (Get it! Funny bone. It was funny! Ha ha ha!) That was the highlight of the class, for the rest of the period was wasted on these silly things called semester projects!

The day proceeded like this, with raised and lowered voices here and there, full of emotion, and just begging to stay in C11 for the rest of our lives! Oh, how we all wish that... Overall, the day was thoroughly unproductive (did I say that?) with most groups getting nothing done more than writing something like this:

-LOF-beast
-1984-BB ROX MY SOX!
-R&J-my favorite love/sex story in the world!


And so our day ended. With many sad glances back toward the room where all of our lives center around, the children of period 5 departed and scattered to their various other classes around the school campus. With friendly hugs and pats on the back, we all left the comfort of C11 to begin our adventures in the outside world.

Incidentally, here is your homework:
-work on the semester project
-if thou hast not finished thine survey by now (which is indeed blatant slacking!) you should probably do that soon


Until next time,
"Plusgood,
doubleplusgood!
Plusgood,
doubleplusgood!"


This is Dan, the one you all know and love, signing off.

P.S. I changed the color scheme in honor of HPDH. And I updated the day counter thing at the bottom for all of you people who are just as excited as me!



21 Days 'til HPDH Book!!!
11 Days 'til OotP Movie!!!
School's Out!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger BenH said...

What are they doing on the cover? Playing football?

Fri Apr 27, 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger hannahs said...

Thanks for the special words Dan. I am glad you think so well of me. I guess I should be glad I was even mentioned. Oh well, have a nice weekend I guess... Oh, and my group worked very hard yesterday and got a lot done, so there.

Sat Apr 28, 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger HarryPotterFreak(danh) said...

Ya Ben that's probably it! I bet Voldemort's trying to intercept the pass...

And yes, Hannah, you should be glad I mentioned you. It's a very great honor, if I do say so myself.

Sat Apr 28, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger BenH said...

In the end, Voldemort's downfall will be caused by a pass interference penalty.

Sat Apr 28, 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger Alex_Manning said...

Dan, do you listen to MuggleCast?

if you don't, I highly recommend it, coming from a fellow Harry Potter geek.

Yup yup

mugglenet.com/mugglecast

Sun Apr 29, 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger HarryPotterFreak(danh) said...

Yes, silly Voldy. What is he thinking! Harry will probably be contacted by some fantastic football team. Like the BRONCOS! HA!

And Alex, I think I might just try that. As we all know, Harry Potter frgeaks (a combination of the two aforementioned words) must have all the information out there.

Sun Apr 29, 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First off, I love Harry Potter!! Second, we did Hannah?

Mon Apr 30, 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger HarryPotterFreak(danh) said...

Ahh so the truth comes out! Hannah I am surprised that you would lie to me like that.

Mon Apr 30, 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Laurab said...

Dan, I love it!

Agreeing with Alex, you should definitly check out the Mugglecasts on Mugglenet. They are simply marvelous!

Cheers,

Laura

Tue May 01, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mphair said...

Maybe...just maybe...Harry and Voldomort are dancing the tango with spirits...they have a similar pose...HARRY POTTER ROCKS!!

Tue May 01, 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger krump said...

Awesome blog post! I'm impressed that you had so much to say about our very productive day...

Wed May 02, 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home