Le Scribe de Period 5
Hi 5th hour! This is EmilyL scribing again.
We began class with
Book and Author
This book is an utopian novel,
The Things They Carried By
This a Vietnam war story that
Black Boy By
A Raisin the Sun By
Yellow Raft on a
I missed this one and can’t remember any details, but the summary I looked on Google says it is growing up novel.
Bless Me Ultima By
This is a novel on spirits much like
I missed this one, but I found out that it is a growing up novel about a girl in a
All is Quiet on the Western Front By
This is another war novel.
The Old Man and the Sea By
The plot is summarized as follows The man fishes. He catches a fish. He dies. The end.
Smith has never read this but it is on her to read list this summer.
The Awakening By
This a feminism novel.
The Shining By
I don’t remember what
The Jungle By
Then we moved to our main event: a video! The video was on Manazar and what camp life was like. After the video, we discussed it. Important points from the discussion:
- There are many parallels to the Holocaust.
- The Japanese people did not fight back because it is not in their culture.
- The way children were affected. i.e. They played mess hall instead of house.
- The way the video opened our eyes to the differences from what is commonly heard and what happened.
- Semester project
- You may want to start thinking about the summer reading assignment for
- Sign up for a documentary interview. We are better than period 2, we need more interviews than them!
- Finals start Friday.
2 More English classes. :(
6 more School Days including finals
Have a Great Tuesday!