Freedom is Slavery, War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength and Scribing is Scribing Period 2
- Fishbowl 224-274
- Hw: Read 274-297, scribe (which only pertains to me), and to bring in a plain WHITE t-shirt to class on Monday.
The white t-shirt can be any size just make sure you have one. I believe we are doing the t-shirt project in groups, and I don't know if it is one t-shirt per group or everyone brings one so just bring one.
What actually happened in class:
Smith began class by signing everyone's registration cards. Remember these are due next week so you need to get them signed whether you continue in honors or not. Make sure to complete that. Then we moved right into the quiz. There were some technical difficulties starting the quiz on the computer but thanks to alexd's knowledge of computers we were able to continue on with the dreaded quiz. We then set up fishbowl and began to discuss pages 224-274. To see the discussion on the outer circle, refer to the blog post. However, some of the topics on the inner circle included:
- What is the symbol of Goldstien? Is he real?
- Movies, books, media that relate to the government in the book
- What is defined as humanity?
- Why is period 2 better than period 5?
The presenters today were Josh, Alex, and Connor (who was absent). The discussers were KJ, Sara, and Christa. The conversation went well despite the limited time. We fishbowled until the end of class.
Don't forget your homework, and to keep working on your semester long project...I have a feeling those are going to be great.
Fun Facts about today:
- Half the class was missing...BAND!
- Shortened class time due to Spring Assembly
- Joshb had a florescent yellow shirt on
- Danger had a baby blue shirt on
- Sarac had a beautiful red flower in her hair and did an excellent job preforming at the assembly
- Shelton and GOD OF WAR...absent