Period Two's Awesome Scribe-y-ness
Sadly, Smith was once again gone today. What we did today with Ms. Ritzdorf goes as follows:
At the beginning of class, we picked a comment from a blog this week and played a sort of ‘game.’
- 1st person says the comment
- Next three people say why it is intriguing
- Person who picked the comment gets the last word
- 1st comment: Kathrynt
- It may be interesting because it mentions the “place where there is no darkness” or because it may not be true—maybe Winston doesn’t look up to O’Brien as a leader. Julia and O'Brien also are opposites.
- 2nd comment: Endsleye – antique shop is a trap
- 3rd comment: Kimc- Monday’s comment – Humanity isn’t possible without love.
- It includes definitions of love, and what humanity is . It also defines humanity in so many different ways, including that it seperates us from animals.
- ~ It is interesting because of our semester long project -- How literature portrays
*Events this week have caused us to question ourselves, our rights, and how we can make a positive difference in the society* ~Ms. Ritzdorf
The second item on our agenda was Grammer lesson 14 (Editing and Proofreading worksheet 1) as a class, sentence by sentence.
Finally, it was Reading Time.
-Grammer if you don't have it done
-READ!! We have fishbowl tomorrow over pages 224-274! Discussers and Presenters be ready! Band people and anyone else who will be gone-- you must make this up by going online and reading the blog comments and adding a decent number of thoughtful comments of your own!