Greetings, 5th Hour Comrades!
As a special salute to 1984, today's scribe shall be in Newspeak:
Thu 04-19-07 12:14-13:11
Today Com. Ritzdorf sub. Com. Smith gone- doubleplusunhappy.
- Good quiz from SB/LB/KB. Curevents EC doubleplussmart.
- FBed doubleplusgoodemothink on Charrington, chrhyme, Brohood real?
- Outcirc goodiscuss on Charrington's long wait, Brohood, WS's overtrust, chrhyme.
- 225-74 FB Fri
- Oldspeakgram 04-26-07
And here it is again, for all of you Oldspeak-types:
Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:14P.M.-1:11P.M.
Today Ms. Ritzdorf subbed for us because Ms. Smith was gone- We were extremely sad and anxiously await her return.
During class today:
- We took a great quiz from Shelby, Laura and Kari. The current event extra credit questions were very creative and the quiz was very thorough!
- Next we Fishbowled. The Inner Circle's discussion was very thought-provoking and deep. Some of the topics discussed were Charrington and his membership in the Thought Police, the significance of the rhymes, and whether the Brotherhood exists or whether it is simply a ploy to create a common enemy among Ingsoc's subjects.
- The Outer Circle also had a good discussion about Charrington's choice to wait before reporting Winston and Julia, the role of the Brotherhood, Winston's overly-trusting tendencies, and the rhymes.
- Pages 225-274 of 1984; The Fishbowl for these pages is tomorrow.
- Tonight's blog question
- Grammar is due next week.
- Work on the Semester Project.
REMEMBER: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!