Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Period 5 Scribe! [end singing angels]

Following text is a quote. It comes from the period 2 scribe.
Welcome to the wonderful scribe (better than Period 5, whom I must add, has not scribed in TWO DAYS)!!!

Two days? I appreciate the vote of confidence, Kjerstin. But yes, it is late. And I apologize for that. But you know the saying: all the best things take for ever because they are good. Or something like that. If it does not exist, it should. And that is a fact.

But yes, I have an excuse for being late. I just got home. I have been working on the newspaper, stabbing people, and getting my hair cut.

However, I do admit I had the audacity to take off my shoes and wash my hands when I got home. I apologize.

But now, what I am actually here for.

HOMEWORK
Grammar packet up to 11
  • Lesson eleven has some sort of weird thing that involves writing sentences about stuff (that is probably about some fascinating subject, like Native American folklore or dead female pilots). What you are supposed to do is write unpunctuated sentences, and then have a friend punctuate them. Then, if they are done well, you tell them that their sentences have been wonderfully punctuated. If they are not very good, the course of action was not indicated.
  • Example: "Anna, do you approve of my sentences?" "Why yes, Ms. Smith, those are the most finely punctuated sentences in all the land!" (quotations approximated from memory)
Read 1984 up until page 117
  • I know some people from period two had this issue, but if it is not working for you, reorient the book. It is position sensitive. The title should be at the top of the cover, and the binding on the left side.
Create a propaganda poster for 1984
  • It must be
    • colorful
    • creative
    • captivating
    • cool
    • Can you think of other C words?
So the day started by us waiting outside for Ms. Smith to arrive. I briefly contemplated using the ram I had been shown in my homeland security course to break down the door, but I had no idea where it was at the time.

Next, we went inside and got our laptops out. Ms. Smith then demanded that we get out our assignment planners, and informed us of our homework, which I have already mentioned. Then she told us that someone named Bryn Woodley will be coming to observe our class. She was observing us because she wanted to be a teacher for some reason. However, she was not actually there because she was finishing some silly think called a "lunch." Ms. Smith told us to be nice to her, or she would hurt us. When she arrived, we clapped. No one (that I saw, anyway) was hurt.

Then we listened to music while walking "gallery style" around the classroom. When the music stopped, we sat down and made comments about the propaganda that someone had found. I enjoyed watching Hannah's video, which complained about the inability of Marilyn Musgrave to appreciate E-words. Can you think of any e-words?

Fun Fact! A substantial portion of the class was scared to death because we thought we had to print out or propaganda! We did not, thankfully.


Then class ended, and we left. IF YOU DID NOT PLUG IN YOUR LAPTOP, WE WILL FIND YOU!

You have been warned.

10 Comments:

Blogger BenH said...

Wow, Ben! That post was so much better than period 2s! Even if it was late-ish.

Tue Apr 10, 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger EmilyLu said...

Your scribe is not late. It doesn't have to be done until 9. I agree your psot is so much better than 2nd hour's.

Tue Apr 10, 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger endsleye said...

Your scribe might not be late. But period 5 is slacking because you guys missed two days. As for us we have been on time every single day. And by the way our scribe has been better every single day as well. Good effort today but im sorry to say your scribe isn't up to par.

Wed Apr 11, 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger krump said...

Pshhhh don't listen to per 2. You're amazing Ben. And nice haircut!

Wed Apr 11, 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, your scribe was simply fantabulastical and it doesnt really matter(because i find this whole competition between period 2 and 5 quite silly) but your scribe was most definitely more satisfactory than the scribe of period 2's. And in response to Endsley's comment, your scribe was way above par.

Wed Apr 11, 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger erinl said...

haha Ben. I thought that this was great! You make me laugh!

Wed Apr 11, 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger kenna_d said...

Ben---I wanna be just like you, thought I might let you know that your comical creativity is an inspiration to us all.

Wed Apr 11, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Declan "Danger" said...

Although your haircut was very stylish, I'm with Endsley on this one. Period 5 can't compare to us. We're just too good. Nothing personal...wait no, it is. Still, we just work together like clockwork to become the best gosh darn class ever. We're really more of a family.

Wed Apr 11, 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger BenH said...

We are like a team, Declan. Were with each other because we want to, not because we have to.

Wed Apr 11, 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Declan "Danger" said...

O yeah? Well...super. We're like a class of young adults that kick the pachisi out of everything Period 5 does. And we do this with minimal effort. Seriously. The most effort I've exerted so far is coming up with something clever to kick out of Period 5. As you can see, my final decision was delectably witty. Put that on a T-Shirt and sell it.

Wed Apr 11, 06:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home